Personal Bankruptcy Vehicle Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdw103

I really hope someone can give me advice. In 2001, I filed chapter 13 to save my house and car. Late in 2001, the car required questionable repairs which left it inoperable. In 2002, I converted to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and my bankruptcy was discharged. I did not reconfirm the auto loan and was never contacted by the auto finance company.
Some associates of my told me that the auto finance company would reposess the car if and when I had it repaired. After several unsucessful calls to the auto finance company and the vehicle still inoperable, I am at wits in. My neighbors have recently started a community watch in my neighborhood to keep it safe and clean. But having a inoperable vehicle sitting in my yard, without a clue on what to do with it is difficult. In three years, I have had two offers to sell, but no title. If anyone could please give their opinion as to what they would do if they had such a situation, I would greatly appreciate your time. I would be leaning more towards fixing the car if I knew there was a way I could get title and keep the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back