Vechile bought from lot. Not safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartsgirl08

On 1-19-08 I bought a van from a small car lot. The checklist on the window stated that ther was nothing wrong with the brake system. After driving it a few times the brakes became hot and started smoking. On 1-20-09 I took it to a repair shop and was told that there was quite a bit of work that had to be put into the brake system. I called the lot that I purchased it form and talked to the gentleman who sold the van to me. He said that the options were to bring the van back for them to fix or get my money back. On the second call to him he said that he was not willing to fix it for what I paid for it. I would like to keep it and them fix it, but if he is not willing what are my options? Do i have to take the money back?

Was this a used car?

Was there any kind of warranty or guarantee in writing that came with the car?

But isn't what they post suppose to be taken care of before it leaves the lot or otherwise marked on the checklist?

i know califonria has a law called Lemon. on 2007, i brought used car before from a small alot. it was one of my dumbest mistakes.i only could drove the car 2003 chrysler 300M , that was the wosted 9,000 dollars i wasted cause i only drive it for 3weeks and it is totally break down on me. transmition failed, engine block have problems, and etc... i wish i could return but the seller refused to accept and i cant do anything cause it is said sold as/is. so i junk get donation credit for my taxes return and i went to car max. and brought used 2005 BMW 325I and car max guarante me or i get my money back.

But aren't they still required as a business to give you the facts of the car? Are they allowed to lie and get away with it?

No, the car is sold as is-- when you purchase a car it is up to you to know what you're buying -- take a mechanic with you

But aren't they still required as a business to give you the facts of the car? Are they allowed to lie and get away with it?

no. they are not. it is like the saleperson told you that this car run and fly down the street . it doesnt mean they could could fly and run then you expected it. saleperson job is to sell whatever he cant to make his commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back