VC21651 - If the barriers are less than 2 feet apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakerfan

Hi, I got ticketed for going over double double yellow lines while pulling out of a gas station into a left turn lane. From my vantage point it really looked like it was a single double yellow line since the double double were so close together.

According to VC21651 (a) (1) - which I got cited for, the dividing section must not be less than 2 feet in width.

21651. (a) Whenever a highway has been divided into two or more roadways by means of intermittent barriers or by means of a dividing section of not less than two feet in width, either unpaved or delineated by curbs, double-parallel lines, or other markings on the roadway, it is unlawful to do either of the following:

(1) To drive any vehicle over, upon, or across the dividing section.

Seeing how they are, do I have a chance to get this dismissed?

It seems that if you can provide the court with proof that the section of lines you crossed over is less than two feet in width that you just might have a way out. Take a measuring tape and camera and take some pictures of the measurements as well as photos that clearly indicate where you are. It doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back