vanline damages CO to TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspendownhill

Thank you in advance for your advice.

We have what I would consider, not your typical moving damages, unfortunately. Based on the "replacement value," the damages may go in excess of $20,000.

-we purchased the replacement value insurance for the move.
- en route, the damages were excessive. Furthermore, the driver in an attempt to either rectify (or perhaps cover up?) the damage to the leaf extender of the dining room table, drilled 6 holes in the bottom of the table and glued and clamped one of the dining table legs.
- will not go into all of the damages, but as I mentioned, they are extensive.
-all of the furniture is high end.
- even though most pieces were bought when we first married 26+ years ago, I still have the original receipts.

The representative from the van line told me that I must allow them to fix the furniture "based on Federal Law," and that if I am not happy with the outcome not to sign anything.

My question...should I consult a local attorney? If so, what kind of "law" does this fall under?

Second question is...in a case such as this one, how would one arrive at a replacement value? The furniture company that made 2 of the high-loss pieces no longer exists. I would assume that any kind of damage would lower the overall value of each piece effected.

Again, thank you for your time.

Aspen

With $20K in damages, I'd be hiring a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back