Assault & Battery Vandalism/battery advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryun1

I'm at my wit's end over this, and I really need some advice.

I recently bought a condo, and the previous owner took the AC unit that I was supposed to get. The previous owner's realtor came by today to drop off the unit. When I asked him to come inside and wait for me to make sure it was working, he told me he had to go and would just leave it on the curb. He was extremely rude about it, but I took the unit. While holding it, I asked him his name. He walked off without saying anythng. As he was going to his car, I looked down and saw that the AC unit had carved three large gouges across my fingers, and they were bleeding profusely. I leaned the unit against his vehicle, to look at it, and said "Hey! Hey!" He just started driving, and it gouged a big scratch into the side of his car.
He immediately slammed on the brakes and accused me of "denting" his car on purpose. He said he was going to kill me, and shoved me hard in the shoulder. I told him it was an accident, and got a bit scared, since I was still holding the AC unit and couldn't defend mysef at all. He started screaming at me, calling me a "faggot" and threatening me repeatedy. I eventually backed away, and he left.
I took care of the cuts on my fingers, but my shoulder is a bit red and hurt a little.
He called me tonight, demanding I pay all damages. He said he "has friends that are cops" and that he has already filed a police report; he's just waiting to talk to me before calling the police and telling them to act on the report and arrest me. It was a complete accident, and I will pay a reasonable amount, but I'm not sure what recourse, if any that I have. Do I have any?

Thanks,
rp
Ryun1(at)yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back