VA Speeding Ticket: Wrong Intersection written

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABR_

If a cop writes a wrong intersection down on your ticket, is that grounds for dismissal?

I got a ticket about a month ago (my court date is in a month)
and today for the first time, I passed by the intersection and noticed that the street name he wrote down was wrong. It was like this... (street names changed)
Location of Violation: Oak Rd & Maple St
I was speeding on Oak Rd, but there is no Maple street in that particular city. Is this a good thing to point out and would I be likely to win if this is my ONLY defense?

Once again this is in VA.

Originally posted by ABR
If a cop writes a wrong intersection down on your ticket, is that grounds for dismissal?

I got a ticket about a month ago (my court date is in a month)
and today for the first time, I passed by the intersection and noticed that the street name he wrote down was wrong. It was like this... (street names changed)
Location of Violation: Oak Rd & Maple St
I was speeding on Oak Rd, but there is no Maple street in that particular city. Is this a good thing to point out and would I be likely to win if this is my ONLY defense?

Once again this is in VA.

Having the wrong intersection might be sufficient for you to challenge the validity of the ticket. However, is the street just misspelled slightly but still identifiable or is it completely different? What was the result? I'd love to hear about it!!!! Hope you won!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back