Va license, 67 in a 45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordmn1966

I got a ticket for 67 in a 45 in NC the other day and i have a VA license. This is my first offense and a cop friend told me to take the driver class and ask for a PJC. Anybody have any experience with this? What could happen? Help please!

Virginia License, North Carolina Speeding Ticket

You cannot do this for a NC speeding ticket with a VA license. Your cop friend is wrong. If you pay the ticket, they can suspend your right to drive in NC and this will be six points and a major insurance increase on your VA license. If you can go back to court without any problem, check to see when the ADA is in and go talk to him and try to get it reduced to at least an under 15mph ticket. You do not have to wait until your court date. If you cannot get back to NC, then you need to retain an attorney. This is usually around $300 plus or minus.

How might i get in touch with the ADA cause there's no phone number on my ticket?(it's in roxboro or pearson county) Do you think i would have a good chance of getting it dropped to just 9 over with an attorney? my friend told me he was granted a PJC for a ticket he recieved in NC and he has never lived in NC. thanks so much for your advice.

fordmn1966 said:
How might i get in touch with the ADA cause there's no phone number on my ticket?(it's in roxboro or pearson county) Do you think i would have a good chance of getting it dropped to just 9 over with an attorney? my friend told me he was granted a PJC for a ticket he recieved in NC and he has never lived in NC. thanks so much for your advice.

Ofcourse you have good chance of lowering it. Find ADA's phone no. from courts website. If ADA is unwilling to talk go to his secretary and ask her for references for a local lawyer(down the street kinda). He would easily pull it off for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back