used car return

Status
Not open for further replies.

boots

I recently purchased a 1998 ME/Benz ML320 surburban on Friday July 26, 2001 in the state of New York. I am unhappy with this vehicle and the terms and conditions of the purchase contract. Do I have any recourse for returning this vehicle without fault or liability. I do not want a voluntary reposession to appear on my credit report. :confused: cbootc@aol.com

Originally posted by boots:
I recently purchased a 1998 ME/Benz ML320 surburban on Friday July 26, 2001 in the state of New York. I am unhappy with this vehicle and the terms and conditions of the purchase contract. Do I have any recourse for returning this vehicle without fault or liability. I do not want a voluntary reposession to appear on my credit report. :confused: cbootc@aol.com
Perhaps you bought it June 26, unless you are planning to purchase in a week from now! I'm a little confused -- why would there be a voluntary repossession occur on your credit report? Are you implying that you would not pay for the venicle and allow repossession to occur?

I don't think that New York's Lemon Law covers this purchase since it requires the former owner to attempt repair which, if unsuccessful after a reasonable number of attempts, will permit the new owner to return the car for a full refund or comparable replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back