Used Car Purchase - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginab

I recently applied online for credit at a car dealership based on my name alone and my small $85.00 a week babysitting income. I wanted to leave my husband out of it to see if I would be approved based on a payment I could make within my monthly income alone. The website claimed "Guaranteed Approval or the car is free!" Needless to say they called and said I was approved and we made an appointment to go see what we could get.

When we got there we were told that we would need to go with my husbands income on the lender application and ended up in for more than we'd planned. I told the man up front what I could afford. We ended up with 2 trade-ins (old cars) and having to come up with $500 down with two postdated checks. The payments being $307.00 a month on a 2006 PT Cruiser. We have a 72 hour satisfaction guarantee and I'm taking it back today within 24 hours.

My thing is this, did they not disqualify me by saying my husband had to go first on the application? According to their claim that would mean my car is free. See their website and let me know http://www.autobility.tv/main/

I've never gone through a deal like this so I'm not sure what to do. I do know I want my husband's car trade back and either my car back or a deal I can afford.

I just need help. I feel really sick today after all this.

Thank you,

Gina

Last edited:
My thing is this, did they not disqualify me by saying my husband had to go first on the application? According to their claim that would mean my car is free.

You don't really believe this, do you?

No I don't really but it irks me that they pull that. I just want a car I can afford or cancel the whole deal.

It is going to be near impossible to afford a car on 85.00 a week income without any help from your husband. You are going to have to get better employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back