Used car private seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiselito

I bought a truck on 08/02 for the amount of $2000 withing twenty minutes of me driving back home with my kids i the vehicle sufferd a blow out and when i was checkibg the damage i notice it was leakibg water i taught it was the a/c i took it to the machanics and they told me that the vehicle was leaking water from the engine there was repairs to be done and i was cheated out of my money iam a single mother with three kids and i was told the truck was in good conditions i still owe 500 i only have a bill os sale and no where dies it say truck is been sold as is!! Please help!!

You should have had the truck checked out before you bought it. Generally a used vehicle is bought as is - it's buyer beware.

Agreed. You need to make it a habit to get an unbiased mechanic to give any used car an inspection BEFORE you hand over any money.

A water leak is not necessarily an expensive repair. With any luck you can get this fixed with little expense. Forget any idea of getting your money back. That won't happen.
I won't tell you to not pay the $500 you still owe, but since it was not paid up front you may have some wiggle room to negotiate after the fact. If you do not pay the $500 the seller would have to get you into court over it. Hopefully you already have the title.

Nothing you have indicated makes it appear you have been cheated. Perhaps unknowledgeable about the purchase process perhaps. I hope it is an easy fix. I understand how bad these things can affect ones budget.

A head gasket is an easy repair. It is an hour job when you know what you are doing. The term they likely used was "blown head gasket".
The gasket itself is likely less than $50 at any store. New head bolts can be $30 too. Antifreeze will have to be drained and refilled. Shop around and you can get it done at a reasonable price. Maybe you know sometime who is mechanically inclined and can help you out?
Until you get it fixed monitor your engine temperature as you drive and keep an eye on the coolant reservoir to make sure you aren't running low. Just because it is leaking doesn't mean it is not safe to drive. Don't wait too long to fix it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back