Auto Loans Used Car contract no in system

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhernandez

My name is Linda. My husband and I purchased a used car from a dependent own dealer on a Sunday. We knew the car was an AS IS sell, its a 2005 Chevy. Do to the need of having a vehicle we bought this car out of desperation. We have come to terms we cannot afford this car. We went to the dealership to return it and see if we can salvage some of our down payment. We had the vehicle for only two days. Dealer said, we could not states in contract non refundable. But here is my questions, I called the finance company and we are not showing in the system at all. It is not four days. Is this really a true contract? If I am not in the system, cant I return it? To me, its not my car if my name is not attached it?

Please let me know thank you.

You can only return it if the dealer takes it back.
But, you can fax the documents or scan and email them to the finance company.
Ask them to see if you were approved or denied.
Tell them you can't afford the car.
See if they can guide or instruct you.
If you've been denied by THAT company, the dealer is li,ely to be trying to find financing.
If that's the case, he'll ask you to sign a new contract.
If you're smart, STOP driving the car.
Protect it, in case he eventually takes it back.

It takes time to process a loan. Four days is not long at all. Whether approved or denied you will turn up in the system after sufficient time for processing.
Regardless, the dealer has the contract you signed and that is what matters. If you don't want your truck then sell it to pay off your loan.
As above, it is likely your only way out is if you are asked to come back and sign a new contract and refuse to do so. In that case you will still be charged a usage fee for the time you had the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back