Use of Official Licenced Products on woodcrafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworks

I have recently began making "Bird Houses" using license plates for the roof and decals of various colleges, nascar etc. All products are official licensed products. Are there any copyright or trademark laws being infringed upon. I see these on E-bay and other places. Want to make sure before I start selling these houses.
Thank You,
mike

I have recently began making "Bird Houses" using license plates for the roof and decals of various colleges, nascar etc. All products are official licensed products. Are there any copyright or trademark laws being infringed upon. I see these on E-bay and other places. Want to make sure before I start selling these houses.
Decals and logos can be a problem and Nascar surely would be problematic with regard to trademark infringement. After all, your use of the Nascar logo would seem to indicate that it is a product that has been blessed by or is produced by Nascar - wouldn't you think this way? I don't know who does what online but I'd venture to say that a significant amount of it is not legal, despite the fact that it goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back