Use of Images by a Business on a blog/social website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyScott

In researching publishing photos online, I have learned that the consent of the person in the photo is not required if: a)the photo is taken in public place; b)the person did not have a reasonable expectation of privacy; c)no local laws or statutes were violated; d)the photo is not being used for commerical purposes; and e)the photo does not cause someone undue humiliation or hardship.
With that being said here is the situation I was unclear on: a company hosts an event or sponsors an event and they have an employee there taking photos to post on a blog or a social media site. Some of the photos have sepcific individuals in them, where the individual is identifiable. Does the company need the person's permission to publish/post those photos?
The purpose is not an advertisment. But the purpose of those photos could fall under publicizing. Is a release required then in that case?
I have not been able to find any documentation that specifically addressed publishing/posting photos for the purpose of publicizing. Everything I've read just addresses individual photographers.
If anyone can direct me toward reliable resources or has experience, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

No, they do not need permission. This scenario is a public place and there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back