US Patent (Provisional Application)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph_H

I came up with a word game that can be played on a piece of paper but it would be better played on a hand held device. I applied for a Provisional Application and have received a document number. The description I used for the Provisional application is that it is a spelling game that can be played on a hand held electronic device. I also included in the application, how the game is played and what types of features the hand held device would have. Using a hand held device would enable the player to play against the hand held device or with several players, up to six players. I would like to submit the game to several phone companies, since the game could easily be adapted to a phone game. My question is: does the Provisional Application give me enough protection against someone developing the game to fit a hand held device or adapting it to a computer game?

Without seeing the details, this question is truly impossible to meaningfully answer, unfortunately. Much depends upon how the provisional patent was drafted, whether others have filed, etc. With patent, typically the sooner and more complete the better off you'll be in defending your claims against others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back