Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication urgent...need assistance (drug charge related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marci815

my name is john, i am eighteen and i live in upstate new york and on friday january 26, 2002 i was arrested for criminal poscession of marijauna and criminal poscession of a lethal weapon(?) in the fourth degree. the amount of marijuana was two grams or a "dimebag" and the weapon was a switchblade. i am wondering what the worst case scenerio could possibly be. this is my first offense and hopefully my last. my court date is on febuary fifth in the town of hopewell,ny. if anybody could help me out i just need whatever information is available to help me know what to expect and any help to lower the charge would be accepted with praise. to note: i also helped to assist the police in arresting the "dealer" in which i purchased the marijuana from and am also willing to give the name of the man inwhich i purchased the blade from.

greatly appreciated,
JOHN.

Do you have legal representation? I'm sure you were told in the Miranda warning that if you cannot afford legal assistance, it will be provided to you free of charge by the state. My guess is that you aren't seeking what the punishments for such offenses are but rather what you are likely to receive. Such a guess is best made by an attorney familiar with the situation and all the specific facts and circumstances surrounding your arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back