URGENT!!! Landlord/employer LOCK OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanokai

Two days ago at approximately 8:30 a.m., I was awaken by the master tenant who gave me one hour's notice to pack up and leave the premises. She had her ex-husband and an armed security guard (not a security guard for the complex). I was forced to leave with one bag and return of all keys to the premises. I was not given any explanation or previous warning. Later that day I tried to contact the master tenant, hoping that she overreacted from her medication (she is on anti-depressants and has sporadic episodes). She has refused to let me in and changed the locks, packed up my belongings and placed them in the complex parking unit. Today she brought me some clothing and other miscellaneous items and she was given a notice of illegal lockout which contained California Civil and Penal Codes that were violated. Thereafter I received n email stating that she would file charges for an incident that happened approximately one year ago. I had borrowed unauthoroized gambling funds but arrangements had been made for repayment. I consider this to be retaliatory actions. I had informed her several times of the proper procedures to evict me but she refused to acknowledge it. She also threatened that if I were to take legal action that she would file criminal charges for the above previous incident. I urgently need some advice on my next steps. I have no money and I am homeless because she hired me as a personal assistant in exchange for room and board for the past two years. I know I will not be returning to my place of residence. Are there any legal services that will work on a contingency or provide pro bono services? What damages can I seek for her illegal actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back