urgent help evicted frm 1.6m home buildings insurance unpaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildheart

i have suffered two sets of storm damage first in january 2007 from 200ft beech tree destroying 3 buildings which i rebuilt for £38k using funds borrowed for a major renovation project (£380k)i filed my claim but by oct 2007 i was getting into difficulties as had suffered pneumonia from the week long power cut standing in storms with no heating light or hot water. my building costs were £20k plus £8k overheads a month. I needed the return to complete the works to earn an income as was converting into a house and 3 holiday cottages. i was forced to borrow to accommodate the loss, despite promises of payment by christmas this was drawn out with endless excuses. A second neighbouring tree fell in 100 mph winds in february 2008 damaging the next 3 buildings with £50k damage

they delayed on basis that the barn had previous use for showroom and workshop which was defective as no access and provable via a 4 year valuation appeal in which the re were no rates payable and it remained in listing for £1

the insurance company were aware i would be repossesed and evicted if they did not pay. my local mp tried to help to get an interim payment many times to stop the court proceedings and a friend paid for a solicitor to give an opinion on the value of the claim which was deemed good

I was given an interim payment of 15k which went to repair urgent damage on house so could operate a bed and breakfast to start earning money frm this part of building. the judge evicted me as my proposal for repayment of arrears was commercial and the mortgage was residential however the house was a farm since 1660 and my equity of over a third of valuation far outweighed the debt and arrears so decision was disproportionate i also bought to judges attention that house had been undervalued by mortgage company and they may actually owe me money as took a charge on entire property despite valueing only house and so loan to value not right so interest rate wrong so unfair contract did not have a solicitor but it on tape

however the insurance company failed to make the full payment and i was evicted on 28 /8/08 with my 3 children i had nowhere to live and i therefore lost my children to my expartner and went through a major ordeal living in my car until i was able to get a tiny flat my house is on the market about to be auctioned all my possessions are inside and bailiffs are due tomorrow the possessions that were outside and in barns were subject to 4 seperate burglarys of £15k losses all my childrens bikes quads all the boilers water tanks and garden statutory

the insurance company was in serious financial differculty and was taken over three weeks ago by a major bank so my claim was obviously delayed unreasonably as they did not have the money, however the main manager was paid a vast payoff bonus and i have lost everything i have worked for

please help in any way as i do not know what to do next i do not know how to calculate my losses and interest or how to put claim together and under what terms i am very stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back