Urgent!Father has cancer and need my license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

I've been living in Japan for 6yrs now, My father has been diagnosed with bladder cancer and my mother's health isnt that good either. I need to go back to maryland to help my parents and drive them to therapy, dr appointments, errands etc. In 2000 my license was suspended from a default judgement because of a not so serious accident, nobody was hurt and no tickets were issued. I don't every remember being served to appear in court either. The judgement is for $3,260 and $2,000 is all interest. I dont work and only get paid $560 disability check a month from V.A., the V.A. is helping me retrain and continue college now. So I cant afford to pay it. I talked to MVA, which gave me the attorney phone# that filed the judgement. The attorney said I had to pay them $250 to file a petition to make payments, then pay $100 a month or I could file myself to save $250, but they wouldnt tell me how to do it. I then called the District court, one person told me its a civil judgement which has nothing to do with my license or MVA, but another person said my licesne suspension is only an agreement between the MVA and attorney and the court didnt have a form for petition to make payments, only the attorney has the form, which is then sent to MVA to lift the suspension, but the MVA and attorney are saying the district court is involved and the judge agreed to supspend my license. What can I do to take care of this before I leave? Please someone help me with this. Let me know if I can provide anymore information. Thank you.

Scott

I believe you need to go with what this guy told you:

I talked to MVA, which gave me the attorney phone# that filed the judgement. The attorney said I had to pay them $250 to file a petition to make payments, then pay $100 a month or I could file myself to save $250, but they wouldnt tell me how to do it.

Thank you very much for your reply. Since they gave me the option to file myslef, How do I do it? Obviously $250 is a large some considering I only get a $560 a month disability check...

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back