Kidnapping, Unlawful Detention upset mother

D

dcn2011

Jurisdiction
Michigan
long story short, my 1daughterold daugher is pregnant by her 14 year old boyfriend. his mother took my daughter off my property without me knowing or asking if she could take her. she thought that she was in danger because she has an appointment with the abortion clinic the following day after this happened. does she have any right to do this and can she get in trouble for this?

It doesn't change the answer (and yes, the answer above is correct) but does your daughter want the abortion?

It doesn't change the answer (and yes, the answer above is correct) but does your daughter want the abortion?
not any more. his parents has sugar coated this whole thing. to be honest, their not seeing the big picture. whose family is this going to effect more? of course ours. her son can still go and finish school play sports do normal kids stuff. my daughter, on the other hand, is going to struggle more. sure she might be able to finish school. if she doesn't have to drop out to support her baby. I can only help with so much plus I have 2 other kids that i still have to raise . she won't be able to play sports or do normal kid stuff. their only seeing a cute little baby and not how much we are going to struggle. sure i could let them have the baby but what good is that going to do. her son has already come to me before about his anger issues, her other son is a handful and out of control. it's one big mess. so hopefully they come to their senses and realize that maybe adoption is best. but as of right now its not looking that way. so looks like i get to raise a grandchild plus my own. Do i see her boyfriend sticking around to help? hell no!!! I tried talking to the mother and all she can say is well we have the money to care for this child so if adoption is an option then i want to adopt it. all i can is prepare my daughter for motherhood and the responsibility she's about to face. I have got her into counseling and am trying to stay calm and get myself into counseling. as for them who knows what their doing.

FYI, abortion is not an easy or purely clinical procedure, especially for a child. You can't force her to have one. You couldn't before the father's mother spoke with her either. Your state requires a 24 hour waiting period and counseling before the procedure anyway. If she wasn't on board, it wouldn't happen. You can tell her what it is your are willing to do as far as support, and you are not legally obligated to raise your grandchild. You are obligated to financially and physically support your daughter, even if you do not like her choices, until she is 18.

I suspect you'll find that it's less that someone else came and "took" your daughter as that she felt like she was being pushed into an abortion she didn't want and asked for her boyfriend's mom to come get her.

Granted, your daughter is a minor and if you say she comes home, then she comes home. But she may well come much more willingly when you accept and she realizes that LEGALLY, whether she has an abortion or not is HER decision, not yours, and that you cannot force her to have one.

Back