upc bar code law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denttt

We import items from china. We then put our UPC code which is registered and legitmate on them and we sell them under our corporate name on amazon.com. In order to list on amazon you must have a upc code. Other sellers who have a similar product attach to our listing. in order to do this amazon.com gives them our upc code and the listing appears to be by the manufacture of our corporation. Is the use of our upc code a copyright violation? if so who is at fault, amazon.com or the listing company? The problem is today with smart phones, someone can put in our upc code and then see the products being sold by other sellers that may not have come from us.

yes, amazon.com says their platform fully complies with the law and they do not intend to do anything. I read about a recent corurt case Davidoff v CVS: Removal of UPC Code and Confirmed Preliminary Injunction and wonder if this could imply here?

more info on upc code copy right

here is a link to a product I own and have my own valid upc bar code for:

amazon.com/Foam-Pirate-Sword-Soft-Safe/dp/B003UBOJR6/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1330875680&sr=8-11[/url]

In order for anyone to attach to this listing they must have a bar code which amazon.com gives them. So as you can see another seller has attached their product to mine. There are many manufactures of foam swords and this other seller as admitted to me that theirs is be a different manfacture but because it is similar and amazon allows them to attach to it, there refuse to remove their listing. what is the bar code copy right law that applies here? Amazon.com says they are in full compliance with the law and will not remove it, the seller will not remove it. Now if anyone comes in my store with a smart phone and scans the bar code they will see this lising and think it is the same, any feed back about the other sellers product will be attached to mine fooling the customer to think it is the same. is there any lawyers out there that have sued any one on an issue like this?

there are at least a dozen more items I have listed on amzon with this same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back