unwed mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

terilynn

i am an unwed mother of four who lives my childrens father who is verbally abusive, can he stop me from taking my children to another state to be with my family?

Yes he can. If you take the kids out of state, he can file for custody and return of the kids in your current state since the current state will have jurisdiction until you meet the residency requirements.

your best bet is to find a way to leave NOW and not take the kids out of state. If I were you, call legal aid and see about filing for custody.

Why did you have 4 kids with a man you are not married to? Is he the father of all 4 children?

any guy whos not gonna marry you after 4 kids is not worth staying for.do you think this guy has it together enough or cares enough to file for custody if you do take the kids? if so then file a protective order (to cover your ass) and then file for custody.

Unwed Mom

There should be some kind of Domestic Abuse Shelter near you. Contact them as they'll know what to do to help you protect yourself and your children. Listen to their advice. Even if he's on the BC, they've got counselors and lawyers who can help you.

Please think of the kids and call them today.

Thanks, AuntieCoosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back