unwanted belongings

Status
Not open for further replies.

scg1949

if your daughter and her boyfriend lived with you for a month and they left on their own and left no forwarding address or telephone how long do i have to keep their stuff before i can legally get rid of it. i live in florida.

Last edited:
do some questions get a higher priority.....because there is a lotta their stuff in my house and i think they are using it for a free storage unit and i am sick of it

if your daughter and her boyfriend lived with you for a month and they left on their own and left no forwarding address or telephone how long do i have to keep their stuff before i can legally get rid of it. i live in florida.

Send them a bill for storage and trash removal.

That should get them in gear.

If you can't find them or that doesn't work, then start your research here:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES..._Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0715/Sec109.HTM

thank you for the answer but i am sure it is all less than $500 so, do you know how long i have to legally wait to dispose of it

thank you for the answer but i am sure it is all less than $500 so, do you know how long i have to legally wait to dispose of it

Did you read the link I sent you?

Yes sir I did; but I must be legally challenged lol. Am I correct in reading that if it is less than $500, I can dispose of it at any time withot giving any notice. I just don't want to get rid of it and then they sue me for the value. I must admit that my daughters boyfriend is a real shady character so I need to make sure I am doing this 100% legal. I do appreciate the time you have taken with me on this matter. Thank you again.

715.109 Sale or disposition of abandoned property.--

(1) If the personal property described in the notice is not released pursuant to s. 715.108, it shall be sold at public sale by competitive bidding. However, if the landlord reasonably believes that the total resale value of the property not released is less than $500, she or he may retain such property for her or his own use or dispose of it in any manner she or he chooses.

Sounds pretty clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back