Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Until the Court date

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty111

Just curious what would happen if I recieved a MIP and retail fraud, and i was issued a court date not for another month. What if i was to drink and got caught. Would the MIP jus be changed to a 2nd offence? And do they do random PBTs during this period that im waiting? This is in michigan by the way.

smitty111 said:
Just curious what would happen if I recieved a MIP and retail fraud, and i was issued a court date not for another month. What if i was to drink and got caught. Would the MIP jus be changed to a 2nd offence? And do they do random PBTs during this period that im waiting? This is in michigan by the way.
I'm not sure I understand the question but you may have a second offense only on the second offense. I don't think they do random testing and, in addition, at this point you haven't been convicted where such testing might be required.

It would be extremely unwise to continue drinking when you already have one offense charged against you. Basically you are telling a prosecutor and/or judge that you aren't scared of the law and will continue to drink illegally even after being caught and having been on notice that this matter isn't taken lightly. It's a very bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back