unprofessional and incomplete

Darby

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
I bought (so I thought) a new 2015 Chevy spark from a big named dealership here in town. I had a trade in which was a 2007 dodge caliber. I was expecting to be upside down in it but I was told buying a brand new car would help with my negative equity. However, I found out later that the dealership let me drive off the lot with the new car and I apparently wasn't even funded yet. They called me about two weeks later asking me to come sign a new contract because the first one I signed was the ''wrong version'' so I did what they asked and after them making that first mistake I decided to take it upon myself to see if they had actually paid off my trade in like they said they would. Well long story short my trade in is NOT paid off it IS reflecting negative on my credit AND I am not even able to make a payment on the new car yet. I still have paper tags on the new car because I don't have a title yet. I want my trade in back I do not wish to do business with them they are wanting me to come and sign another contract for the third time I do not want to. I got this new car 7-15-15 it is now 9-19-15 and they are still giving me the run around..what exactly are my legal options here?

Read your first contract, read it very carefully. Do the same to all of your contracts, read them carefully, because we can't do that for you! Your options are none, your obligations are many. Plus, the contract will reveal your options require you to go to arbitration or mediation to complain. You'll discover if you can abandon the deal, you owe the dealer thousands for "renting" the Spark.

Vehicles are delivered all the time without being funded. I think you mean without being approved, which happens quite often as well. In your paperwork I'm sure you signed something that informed you of this.
It is also normal that they haven't paid off your trade. Until you are approved they will not. If for any reason they cannot get funding, they will have to give you your trade back and they would be out the payoff amount.
You won't get a title. The lender will. As long as your paper tag is still valid you don't have a problem.
Since it has been two months, you can be sure they have had great difficulty getting you approved. You can of course refuse to sign anymore papers and request your trade back. If you're lucky they just might agree, but they certainly don't have to. You do need to inform your bank(on the trade) that you have traded it to XYZ motors and provide them copies of your documents, and ask them to correct their credit bureau reporting.

Back