unpaid trade-in

larry trujillo

Jurisdiction
North Dakota
i bought a car at a dodge Dealer , traded in a 2019 truck for a 2022 Durango, paperwork was completed and i drove it home. 3 months go by and i noticed my credit score has falling huge, I look to find why and see the trade has not been paid, so I am 3 months behind . called dealership to find out why , and they said they would fix it. Its a week now and they still have not paid it. Wont answer my phone calls or return them. now the trad-in dealer r trying to repo a car i dont have. this Dodge dealership has completely trashed my credit , I had great credit. what should i do.

i bought a car at a dodge Dealer , traded in a 2019 truck for a 2022 Durango, paperwork was completed and i drove it home. 3 months go by and i noticed my credit score has falling huge, I look to find why and see the trade has not been paid, so I am 3 months behind . called dealership to find out why , and they said they would fix it. Its a week now and they still have not paid it. Wont answer my phone calls or return them. now the trad-in dealer r trying to repo a car i dont have. this Dodge dealership has completely trashed my credit , I had great credit. what should i do.

Is this a franchised dealership? that sells new cars? I would take it up with your AGs office first step. You should be after them to pay the trade off when they worked the deal. I have never heard of this from a first line dealership but deal networks have been hit hard by this new world environment we are in.

This won't be much help for this specific incident, but it may serve as advice for others: When you trade in a vehicle, you should remain vigilant about making sure the trade-in has been paid off. If a payment becomes due, you should make that payment (you should get it back from the finance company when they receive the payoff).

MOTOR VEHICLE DIVISION
ND DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION 608 E BOULEVARD AVE BISMARCK ND 58505-0780 Telephone (701) 328-2725

Those are the folks that license dealers. Call them.

Back