1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

unpaid trade-in

Discussion in 'Car Sales, Dealers, Repairs, Lemon Law' started by larry trujillo, Aug 19, 2022.

1. larry trujillo

larry trujillo Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    North Dakota
    i bought a car at a dodge Dealer , traded in a 2019 truck for a 2022 Durango, paperwork was completed and i drove it home. 3 months go by and i noticed my credit score has falling huge, I look to find why and see the trade has not been paid, so I am 3 months behind . called dealership to find out why , and they said they would fix it. Its a week now and they still have not paid it. Wont answer my phone calls or return them. now the trad-in dealer r trying to repo a car i dont have. this Dodge dealership has completely trashed my credit , I had great credit. what should i do.

2. Redemptionman

Redemptionman Active Member

Is this a franchised dealership? that sells new cars? I would take it up with your AGs office first step. You should be after them to pay the trade off when they worked the deal. I have never heard of this from a first line dealership but deal networks have been hit hard by this new world environment we are in.

3. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

This won't be much help for this specific incident, but it may serve as advice for others: When you trade in a vehicle, you should remain vigilant about making sure the trade-in has been paid off. If a payment becomes due, you should make that payment (you should get it back from the finance company when they receive the payoff).

zddoodah likes this.
  4. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

MOTOR VEHICLE DIVISION
    ND DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION 608 E BOULEVARD AVE BISMARCK ND 58505-0780 Telephone (701) 328-2725

Those are the folks that license dealers. Call them.