Unpaid emergency medical bills.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndsouza80

Hi, Im a foreign student from India on a M1 visa without a work permit. I was a victim of a violent stabbing and was rushed to the hospital by the cops unconscious, unfortunately my medical insurance had expired and now im unable to pay my medical bills. Im being contacted by collection agencies and i do not have the funds to pay all the bills as they amount to more than 10000USD. I have paid some bills with whatever limited funds i had but i dnt have any surplus cash anymore and i cant work here. My school is almost over and I have to go back soon..Please help me in this matter as to how I can sort this out and what is the worst that can happen if i leave without paying the agencies......I had asked the collection agencies to give me 3 yrs time to pay all bills since i need to get back and get a job to generate the cash but they declined.....also my request for crime victims compensation has been rejected...Please help......John Dsouza, Texas

I don't know what "the worst" is - I guess they could hire some muscle to break your legs or something. If you want to know what might reasonably happen, your creditors could sue you and get a judgment against you. They could then garnish any assets you have in the US and try to collect against you in India. Whether they would succeed is anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back