Unnotorised Power of Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompson430

My house was going into forclosure & my "friend" who is also an investor wanted me to sign a POA over to him so he could catch up my mortgage & then sell my house, I signed the POA, but it was never notorized & now he is backing out of the deal he made with me to give me 10k for the house & is trying to have me evicted. I have since found out that he had the POA notorized. What legal actions can I take against him?

thompson430 said:
My house was going into forclosure & my "friend" who is also an investor wanted me to sign a POA over to him so he could catch up my mortgage & then sell my house, I signed the POA, but it was never notorized & now he is backing out of the deal he made with me to give me 10k for the house & is trying to have me evicted. I have since found out that he had the POA notorized. What legal actions can I take against him?
This does not sound like we have all the facts nor are you in a good situation. I don't understand why your friend needed a power of attorney to pay off the mortgage and sell the house. He can write a check just as easily as anyone else. We don't have enough details to understand what is going on to even begin to discuss what courses of actions you have. I'm very sorry to hear about the hard times you are going through.

He cannot evict you, the house is still yours. If you are in foreclosure then you need to sell the house and hope it sells before the bank takes it.

This house is legally yours, not his it sounds like.

He cannot get anything notoarized unless you were present and had ID. If the notary did something she should not have, then I would be trying to find out who notarized this document.

List the house with a realtor and sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back