Unlicensed Driving

siri

Jurisdiction
California
Hi. We live in California. My husband has given the car to his friend who do not have the US driving license(he has appeared for written test in US and got qualified and had his driving test in another few days. He has other country's valid driving license with an experience of around 10 years). He took my husband's car and was driving to get his medicines as he was not well. He hit the car to a pole while he was taking a turn(collision), no one was injured. My husband was in his office when this incident happened.
We have received "Notice to appear" in the court for next month. I would like to know the penalty for this traffic violation(CVC 14604(a)).It was cited as Misdemeanor in the ticket. I am afraid if there would be any imprisonment. Thanks in advance.

Hi. We live in California. My husband has given the car to his friend who do not have the US driving license(he has appeared for written test in US and got qualified and had his driving test in another few days. He has other country's valid driving license with an experience of around 10 years). He took my husband's car and was driving to get his medicines as he was not well. He hit the car to a pole while he was taking a turn(collision), no one was injured. My husband was in his office when this incident happened.
We have received "Notice to appear" in the court for next month. I would like to know the penalty for this traffic violation(CVC 14604(a)).It was cited as Misdemeanor in the ticket. I am afraid if there would be any imprisonment. Thanks in advance.

Why on earth would your husband allow an unlicensed person to drive his car?

I doubt that either of those two dummies will end up in jail.
Most unfortunate, but they'll be free to do many more stupid and dangerous things.

I suspect your insurance carrier might be contacting your foolish husband in the near future.

Heaven help us all....

Back