Unknown Judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellosnack

Hello,
I reside in Sonoma County California. Recently a Judgment has been placed against me and my wages are about to be garnished. I didnt even know that this was going on until I received a threatening phone call at work. The call was not even at my desk but at the company main floor. This was followed by a letter stating that I was getting my wages garnished. I called back to the defendant and they were not able to give me enough information to where this was coming from. Finally, I went to the clerks office and paid for a copy of he case. The reason I never knew about this until now was because they served the wrong person at the wrong address. I have no idea if this is even my debt. I tried calling all the contact numbers ive gotten through my personal investigation and half the numbers have been disconnected and the others dont have any information on my case. What do I do? I wasnt summoned properly for one, and two i dont know if this is my debt. Someone please help me..... :(

You would want to find out what is going on. Then, if the judgement really is against you, but you think you were either not properly served or this is not even your case, you would want to file a "motion for relief from judgment" in the court where the judgment has been entered. Depending on the state you are in there will be some provisions how to do this and when and where in its civil procedure laws. In the motion you would address the problems with the judgment and pray to be relieved from it. It might be a good idea to have an attorney do this.

Last edited:
Thank You so very much I appreciate your quick response. This has been so frustrating and your information is greatly appreciated. I will seek a lawyer who can do this. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back