Unknown Cyber Stalker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnewhook1

This is a long story, but here are the details and any advice as to actions I can take will be greatly appreciated:

My husband and I are separated due to several issues. We have been living separatly for a month. Last week, I began receiving sexually explicit e-mails and threats from someone I don't know. I'm not sure if these are from a made-up person, or a real person. I can't seem to find him in the phone book or anything. My ex is clinging to his innocence, but I'm not so sure. In back-to-back e-mails, I'll receive a nice flattering one from my ex, and then a degrading and obscene one from the unknown person. The e-mail account has been deleted, or at least my e-mails to stop these threats are not going through anymore. Is there a way to tell who or what computer is sending these e-mails to me? Should I save all of them? Is there anything the police can do? I'd hate to get an order of protection against my ex, but if he is sick enough to create a whole other persona to stalk me, than the protection will be warranted. On the otherhand, if it's not him, I'd like to be able to exonerate him and not fear him.

Any suggestions?

This is a long story, but here are the details and any advice as to actions I can take will be greatly appreciated:

My husband and I are separated due to several issues. We have been living separatly for a month. Last week, I began receiving sexually explicit e-mails and threats from someone I don't know. I'm not sure if these are from a made-up person, or a real person. I can't seem to find him in the phone book or anything. My ex is clinging to his innocence, but I'm not so sure. In back-to-back e-mails, I'll receive a nice flattering one from my ex, and then a degrading and obscene one from the unknown person. The e-mail account has been deleted, or at least my e-mails to stop these threats are not going through anymore. Is there a way to tell who or what computer is sending these e-mails to me? Should I save all of them? Is there anything the police can do? I'd hate to get an order of protection against my ex, but if he is sick enough to create a whole other persona to stalk me, than the protection will be warranted. On the otherhand, if it's not him, I'd like to be able to exonerate him and not fear him.
Take a look at the "header" information which should show the route that the email took to get to you. It is possible you can get an idea from what location the email originated. For more information on headers, do a search on the Internet to find out more about how to locate them in your email client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back