Unique Paternity Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbot113

My boyfriends younger brother died almost a year ago from leukemia(he was 19). The girlfriend he had at the time just had a baby and is telling everyone it is his! She's been saying it since she found out she was pregnant(she found out the month he died, after he died). We have much reason to believe it isn't his and we have constantly tried to get a DNA but this girl will not respond. My boyfriends mother is already heart broken about her youngest son and now this. We have much reason to believe it is not his, including medical evidence. The girl is not asking for money but with all of the pain and suffering she's put everyone through, we don't believe she should be claiming the baby is his and potentially(very small potential)never introducing the baby to his grandmother. Is this admissable in court? I'm praying so. And if so, how do we go about bringing her to court for a paternity test? (the hospital has his DNA). The whole family is in pain and i just want to help my boyfriends mother through this painful process. Please help, any advice anyone can give.

Unless this girl takes actual legal action there is probably nothing you can do to prevent her from claiming this baby is his. His parents might want to see a family law attorney to see if they have any rights to get a paternity test.

Unless paternity was legally established before he died, the baby is not legally his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back