Consumer Fraud Unfair practice/scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katyapo

About three months ago we purchased 2 items from a catalog at a furniture store. We were offered a discount being victims of hurricane Sandy and paid cash up front (the full amount.) The company has a policy that no refunds can be given. This assuming that the customer is unhappy with his purchase or changes his mind. We understood.

The first item we purchased had not arrived until two months later and did not undergo a smooth journey. We had to make changes with the order because certain pieces were out of stock-- a fact we had not even known until WE called them. We were, at the end, happy with our product and continued to wait patiently for the second.

The second item never arrived. After 3 months (from the payment) we called, again, to check on the status. We were informed that the product was never available to begin with and we need to buy a replacement and no refund can be given. I won't even touch upon horrendous customer service-- but are we wrong to argue that we should NOT have to be denied our right for a refund after the company sold us a product that was never available/in stock? Are there any consumer laws governing our right to a refund? I refuse to believe this kind of negligence and lack of responsibility can go Un-penalized.

If they never provided a product I would have a hard time calling it a refund. They didn't sell you anything. They can certainly have that policy, but if you have to drag them into court I would aspect you would get your judgment.
You can also report to BBB.

I don't know how much money we are talking here but if the amount qualifies, you can sue them in small claims court & try & win a judgment against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back