Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Underage Possession of Alcohol in Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

random88

Hello,
Last friday night I received my first summons and first misdemeanor or charge in general. It was a summons for Underage Possession of Alcohol. I was just wondering if I got an attorney would this affect the outcome of my case? And what is likely going to be my punishment?

There was a huge party with tons of drunk people and mayhem and my boyfriend, his friend, and I had just arrived and were all holding beers when a cop pulled up. When we saw the cop we dropped our beers. He asked us how old we were and I told him I was nineteen. At this point he grabbed a hold of my wrist and said "you're coming with me". My boyfriend and his friend took off running. The cop called for backup while holding my wrist and walked me to the car. He sat me in the car and walked away. One of my boyfriends other friends opened the car down and said "come on!" so I got out of the car and started running away (I know.. stupid, but I was terrified and just wanted to go home). The cop screamed for me to stop and threatened to taser me. I stopped and he handcuffed me and put me back in the car. At the end of the ordeal (they broke my purse, and searched it while I was in the car) I was issued a summons for 4.1-305 Underage Possession of Alcohol. The cops also wrote down a completely ridiculous physical description of me saying I was 95 lbs., 5'2 and blonde.. Ugh.. yeah. Not how I look. The woman cop also screamed at me various times to give her my social security after I had already told it to her numerous times, she goes "IM ONLY GOING TO ASK YOU ONE MORE TIME, WHAT IS YOUR SSN?". I don't know if any of this has anything to do with it.. But I just feel like the whole thing was completely ridiculous considering we had just arrived and weren't even intoxicated. Luckily I wasn't placed "under arrest", but I would really like to know what Im facing.

Thank you.

Are you a college student? If so, you may have the ability to obtain counsel free of charge. Even when right, when cops act like total #@($#*)$ a prosecutor may realise they can lose the case. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back