Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Underage from going to Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

collegegirl

I was out with one of my roommates and while we were out I blacked out. I know I drank too much to start this off. My roommates filled me in on what happened at my apartment the next day.
When we got home I was functioning normal and went to the bathroom and got sick. After that they said I was whimpering and barely breathing. I fell in my hallway and started to puke face down. A roommate called 911 because they thought I might have alcohol poisoning. I woke up in the ER early the next morning. All I needed was to puke more (on my own) and the get an IV because I was dehydrated. A few days later I got a call from the cop that arrived at my apartment saying that he was going to issue me a citation for underage consumption; and because I'm in a college town the tickets are steeper. I have a non-mandatory court Date on May 1st. I plan on pleading guilty but have some question.
-Can you get a ticket in WI for underage drinking if you are in need of medical assistance?
-Can my ticket get lowered to something else?
-If the ticket can't get lowered can I ask to do an alcohol class instead? And will the ticket be taken off my records if I do the class?

Just need advice for when I go to court, Thank you!

I'm sorry, what? You think that as long as you drink to the point where you need medical assistance you can't be ticketed for it?

Sorry, child, it doesn't work that way.

Agree.

You might want to see what a traffic law attorney might be able to do for you re your ticket.

I was out with one of my roommates and while we were out I blacked out. I know I drank too much to start this off. My roommates filled me in on what happened at my apartment the next day.
When we got home I was functioning normal and went to the bathroom and got sick. After that they said I was whimpering and barely breathing. I fell in my hallway and started to puke face down. A roommate called 911 because they thought I might have alcohol poisoning. I woke up in the ER early the next morning. All I needed was to puke more (on my own) and the get an IV because I was dehydrated. A few days later I got a call from the cop that arrived at my apartment saying that he was going to issue me a citation for underage consumption; and because I'm in a college town the tickets are steeper. I have a non-mandatory court Date on May 1st. I plan on pleading guilty but have some question.
-Can you get a ticket in WI for underage drinking if you are in need of medical assistance?
-Can my ticket get lowered to something else?
-If the ticket can't get lowered can I ask to do an alcohol class instead? And will the ticket be taken off my records if I do the class?

Just need advice for when I go to court, Thank you!

Before you plead guilty, you might want to consider OTHER options.

The conviction could potentially harm your job prospects in the future.

Plead not guilty, ask for a lawyer (or hire your own), it'll be cheaper than pleading guilty, trust me.

There are diversionary programs for first and second time offenders, assuming you are convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back