Unclear license plate ticket in NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumpkin123

My car is issued in New york and I was driving in NJ and I was initially pulled over for speeding. Since I don't have any points on my license and have a clean record, he did not give me any points or give me a ticket for speeding, but he gave me a ticket for unclear plates. I read online that it is due to the black frame that the car dealership put on my car and it is against the law in NJ to have that, even though it doesn't block a single thing on my license plate.
My question is, is it worth it to go back to NJ and fight this ticket in court? Or should I just pay the fine and let it be? I don't want to tell them I got pulled over for speeding in the first place, even though it doesn't say anything about speeding on my ticket. What is the best thing to do?

See if you can plead deferred adjudication, pay a fine, avoid getting another ticket for 60-90 days (the court will tell you), pay a fine and costs, the whole thing gets wiped away, your record stays clean. If this is allowed, in many cases it can be done by mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back