Unauthorized Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

propane

In July of 2009 I contacted ****** Propane to schedule a single bulk delivery of propane. I own my tanks and plan on getting a single delivery of propane once a year, normally in the summer, at the best price available from local suppliers. I did not sign any sort of automatic delivery service agreement nor was I informed that I would receive automatic delivery of propane.

On January 23, 2010, unbeknownst to me, a delivery was made to my propane tanks. This delivery was unauthorized by me, unwanted and unnecessary. Furthermore, the price per gallon stated on the invoice is much higher than any local competitor's current price.

I feel that this action by ****** Propane is a fraudulent business practice. I refuse to pay the amount invoiced ($1600.00). What are my rights in this matter? I have sent a letter and emails to the company....no response yet. Thanks

I'm also a resident of Colorado and what you described happens more than one may think...

You need to look at the service agreement with the propane company that you signed in July. Make sure that there isn't a provision for them to do what they did, and if you're correct in your assumption that there isn't, you need to make a documented good-faith effort to PAY THEM for what you feel the value of the propane is... (I would use your July '09 prices.)

At any rate; from what you describe they really have no means to enforce collections. The honest thing would be to make an attempt to pay them, but even as such you can sit back and enjoy your free propane until they send you to collections (at which point the burden of proof is on them.)

Cheers,
(If you're in Pueblo County the BBB and the D.A.'s office have a lot of experience with this sort of thing. Feel free to contact them- If a phone call can resolve the situation now it's better than having to hire a lawyer when they screw up your credit in the future.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back