Unauthorized delay requested by my lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

breezer

My lawyer requested a delay in my case without my authoriziation. This resulted in a four month delay. As a result the speedy trial clock was stopped for a military court martial.

According to the UCMJ and applicipal regulations it was not his job or duty to request this delay. He just did it.

As a result the 120 day speedy trial clock started on 12 April 04 and I'm still waiting for my trial set for Dec 14. Out of all this time between then and now I have not requested but 10 days of delay for a expert witness.

What what recourse do I have to fix this problem? Any suggestions? As a note any trial decisions we now make a memo for record.

Last edited:
What was the reason for the delay? Did you speak to your lawyer? It would seem that the two of you should be on the same page before you proceed any further.

breezer said:
My lawyer requested a delay in my case without my authoriziation. This resulted in a four month delay. As a result the speedy trial clock was stopped for a military court martial.

According to the UCMJ and applicipal regulations it was not his job or duty to request this delay. He just did it.

As a result the 120 day speedy trial clock started on 12 April 04 and I'm still waiting for my trial set for Dec 14. Out of all this time between then and now I have not requested but 10 days of delay for a expert witness.

What what recourse do I have to fix this problem? Any suggestions? As a note any trial decisions we now make a memo for record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back