Consumer Fraud Un-Fair Business Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjayhcee

A company offers a auto-ship program...the program indicates...you must pre-pay six months in-advance for the product in order to join...so you pre-pay...the program is a every six month program...when you join...the literature plainly states you can cancel at anytime...so within two months of joing...you cancel the program...by law...is the company liable for issuing you your pre-payment back?

Why would anyone join a program like that?

The terms are too onerous.

It may not be unfair, as they reveal their ridiculous terms up front, but the terms are too restrictive.

The manager has advised all his employees not to ever offer the customers money back, he said if they ask for it, give it back to them, if they don't ask for it do not give it back...

When you look at the thousands of customers that has cancelled and was never offered thier money back nor where they offered the product that they already prepaid for, i think this is a rip off...i am talking about over a million dollars over the last year alone!!! I guess what i am trying to say is...if these customers knew about this and decided to all call to get a refund...this could ruin the company's reputation huh...if these people told other people about this...this would not make the company look to be trusted...

Here is another issue...same company...let's say you are on this auto-ship program and you have a credit card on file...you have given permission to the company to auto-charge your card every time payment is due...when the time comes to take payment...the credit card declines...the information on the credit card says that the card has expired...is it illegal to change the expiration date, (without the customer's permission) on the card until it goes through???

Why would anyone join a program like that?

The terms are too onerous.

It may not be unfair, as they reveal their ridiculous terms up front, but the terms are too restrictive.
When you look at the thousands of customers that has cancelled and was never offered thier money back nor where they offered the product that they already prepaid for, i think this is a rip off...i am talking about over a million dollars over the last year alone!!! I guess what i am trying to say is...if these customers knew about this and decided to all call to get a refund...this could ruin the company's reputation huh...if these people told other people about this...this would not make the company look to be trusted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back