Corporate Law UK company coming to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstracy

I work for a small UK electronics company. As I am married to a US citizen, my wife and I decided we would like to move to the US. We have no problems here, but the owner of my company (I am a director) wants to bring the company to the US rather than loose me. He would also like to move to the US himself in two or three years. As I can see it, the best way for him to move to the US is as an officer of a US subsidiary of a UK company. What do we have to do to open a US subsifdiary of a UK company (this all falls in my lap as I shall be setting up a manufacturing division before the owner follows)? I am just starting the process of applying for my immigrant visa (DCF) and am planning to move to Arizona sometime in June so would like to get the company thing going ASAP.

Any helpful suggestions, contacts or comments would be appreciated.

Mark

There are many ways within which you could set up a corporate entity and it is probably best to speak to a corporate attorney who is aware of all the facts to determine what is the best vehicle to accomplish your goals. The 'logic' might not be practical or optimal depending upon the tax laws and more.

The Arizona Corporations Commission can be found here:

http://www.cc.state.az.us/

Filing is relatively inexpensive ($175) and there are many companies (we can arrange for same) that provide incorporation fo relatively low cost. The most important is not the procedure but which entity you should set up and how.

Originally posted by mstracy
I work for a small UK electronics company. As I am married to a US citizen, my wife and I decided we would like to move to the US. We have no problems here, but the owner of my company (I am a director) wants to bring the company to the US rather than loose me. He would also like to move to the US himself in two or three years. As I can see it, the best way for him to move to the US is as an officer of a US subsidiary of a UK company. What do we have to do to open a US subsifdiary of a UK company (this all falls in my lap as I shall be setting up a manufacturing division before the owner follows)? I am just starting the process of applying for my immigrant visa (DCF) and am planning to move to Arizona sometime in June so would like to get the company thing going ASAP.

Any helpful suggestions, contacts or comments would be appreciated.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back