UBER-like payment law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michail

Jurisdiction
Other
Hello everyone, i would like to ask how does UBER pay its drivers. I know they are emploees but what if they were individuals?

Thnk you

Hello everyone, i would like to ask how does UBER pay its drivers. I know they are emploees but what if they were individuals?

Thnk you

Actually, Uber treats its drivers as independent contractors, not employees. It pays the driver a share of the charge for each trip the driver does that is done through Uber. A fair number of Uber drivers also driver for its competitor, Lyft, which operates in much the same way.

I will read that. An online transportation service that uses indepedent contractors, what procedures is it forced to contain? Does it need to ask specific papers or do any applications? Same for the contractor.

0m
I will read that. An online transportation service that uses indepedent contractors, what procedures is it forced to contain? Does it need to ask specific papers or do any applications? Same for the contractor.

You are posting from Greece.
I doubt US tax law applies to you, as well as US interpretations of contractor versus employee.

Thank you for your answer. What are the legal requirements to become a legal contractor?

In the U.S. there are no requirements imposed by the law to become an independent contractor. All the contractor has to do is reach agreement with the company on the terms of the arrangement. i.e. compensation, what work will be done, etc.

In the U.S. there are no requirements imposed by the law to become an independent contractor. All the contractor has to do is reach agreement with the company on the terms of the arrangement. i.e. compensation, what work will be done, etc.

Is it necessary for the agreement to exist in paper or digital form in case someone from the government asks to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back