Consumer Law, Warranties Two questions about orthodontics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobman

1. How do I get my medical records from a orthodontist whom, whenever I try to change, besmirches my name with the other one when they are asking for records?

2. He says that I am under "contract" to him and that I can't transfer. He's convinced the police that this is a law of somesort that what he says is true and they refuse to help.

Can a doctor keep a patient under contract?

BOBMAN - Did you, indeed, sign a contract that you would keep this doctor as your exclusive, life-long care provider? Before you answer "no", try to remember if you signed ANYTHING without reading it.

It does not seem correct that a doctor can keep you from going to another provider, but strange things do happen.

What state are you from, by the way?

I believe it's fairly typical for orthodontists to require patients to sign a contract that specifies the length of the procedure, the total cost of the procedure, and how it will be paid. If you signed one, then you may be required to pay the total bill, even if you switch to another orthodontist.

Dharvell – Well this is a question for a friend of mine. His parental guardian set him up with the orthodontist when he was under 18. Things turned sour and after he became 18+ he decided to leave the orthodontists care, his guardians supported it. The guardian doesn't remember signing anything, except that, if they could, pay ahead. Some sort of payment plan thing. Technically they've paid off what they would have owed him if he continued treatment with him.

Thanks for realizing strange things happen. Not everyone on forums realize that.

He is in the Virginia/DC area.

Irish223—According to his guardian the bill is already paid in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back