"Turning Blue Now" (Dismissal 4 Delay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoo

Calif.--- If there is an "Unreasonable" delay in presenting the charge to a Grand Jury "or" in filing an accusation against a defendant who has been held to answer upon a complaint, the assignment Judge, or the assignment Judge's designee, may dismiss the matter(Sua Sponte) or on motion of the defendant. If there is "Unreasonable" delay in the disposition of an indictment or accusation, the Judge to whom the case has been assigned may dismiss the matter(Sua Sponte) or on a motion of the defendant.

QUESTION??

I failed to appear for sentencing due to I was not properly represented by the "Public Pretender's" of San Bernardino County and I truly believe I was coherced to Plea guilty for crimes I did not commit. I know not appearing is just as bad as if I was guilty. I need advice on this matter and could I request a "Dismissal for Delay" considering I never had a "Preliminary Hearing"?

:eek:

I know not appearing is just as bad as if I was guilty.

You are correct.

File whatever you like; but expect it to be ignored.

Once you fail to appear, you lose lots of rights.

Any Suggestions on what I should do? Are there any "Statutory Rules on a Speedy Trial?

Yes and since you failed to appear, you have probably denied yourself any protection under those laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back