Corporate Law Turned down unfairly for employment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been turned down at the end of a lengthly application process that involved three separate interviews at two different locations. There were also "follow ups" which has made my total investment in the opportunity (or lackthereof apparently) more than I've made for any job ever. The time and resources I've wasted only to be turned down has angered me, but even more upsetting is the way in which I was turned down. I had a minor drug conviction that I completed probation for in 2008. The employer tells me just now at the end of this lengthy process that my application won't even be considered since it hasn't been 6 or more years since the incident. The job is an entry level position with no education required. These people have no right to make me feel like a criminal or a lowlife as they have so effectively done. I'm extremely upset. The application states that any convictions will not necessarily impact my consideration for the position. This must just simply be a typo, or more likely, a bold lie. If the application stated specifically that this would be an issue I never would have had to waste my time and ultimately be treated as an "undesirable." I want to teach this corporation a lesson and be reimbursed by them for my money spent and for emotional damages.

The employer stated quite clearly that a conviction will not necessarily impact consideration - it did not state that a conviction absolutely WOULD NOT impact consideration.

The devil is in the details.

Emotional damages? Not seeing it. Counseling might be more appropriate.

Maybe you're right. But on the other hand I feel like this should have been sorted out at the end of the first interview. Why did it take three different interviews for them to mention to me that I'm wasting my time? It was the most frustrating thing I've been through in years (job related). They had me come back multiple times and the process has lasted an entire week. Time is a valuable asset and I could have spent the time searching elsewhere if they would have simply had their act together. Is there really nothing I can do to hold them accountable for their obvious mistakes?

A whole week?

You're kidding, right?

You go right ahead and sue the bad people.

No one I dealt with is a bad person. The corp itself however, like many internet forum moderators, does enjoy the smell of it's own farts. I'd also like to mention that you're beginning to do what the employer did. And that is make me feel inadequate or dumb. The only difference is that you're actually trying to do this whereas it was merely a side effect of my lost opportunity in the employer's case. Perhaps I should sue you instead but I doubt you have the amount of money I want. I'd ask that you simply answer my questions. The extra content you offer is not required. In any case, I'm finished here and will simply "move on." But I will be sure to track you down personally for my next inquiry on legal recourse. I hope you're in a better mood that day. : ) One Love

Is there really nothing I can do to hold them accountable for their obvious mistakes?

No. There is really nothing you can do to hold them accountable for what you see as an obvious mistake and the rest of the world sees as part of the way business gets done. For all you know, they didn't make the decision until after your third interview. It's only your assumption that they knew right from the beginning that they weren't going to hire you.

They didn't violate any laws, they didn't step on any protected rights, and they didn't do anything worse than waste a little time - theirs as well as yours. That's not actionable in any state in the US. Pull up your big girl/boy panties and get over it. If you really can't get over it, then get counseling.

You are seriously overreacting.

The lesson here for others, don't fool around with illegal drugs or become involved in illicit activities!

All of our choices have consequences.

Please, choose carefully and wisely!

Just obey the law, that avoids these situations.

It may not be fair, but is sure wasn't illegal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back