Turn Signal Violation

ASonofBrooklyn

Got a Turn Signal ticket in Duarte in Jan 2015 at 1am. I read that one doesn't have to use a signal if traffic is not around; as a matter if fact, I read that the Court of Appeals, along with the AG mandated this based off a case in La Habra, CA.

Is this true and can I just write a Written Declaration before I go to court in June citing this decision, to avoid going?

Got a Turn Signal ticket in Duarte in Jan 2015 at 1am. I read that one doesn't have to use a signal if traffic is not around; as a matter if fact, I read that the Court of Appeals, along with the AG mandated this based off a case in La Habra, CA.

Is this true and can I just write a Written Declaration before I go to court in June citing this decision, to avoid going?

If you've done the research, you don't require a second opinion.
As far as what you are permitted to so, proceed as you deem appropriate.
Frankly, traffic school, if permitted, is always the best option.
It never fails, and you refresh your memory about traffic laws and defensive driving.

You are correct. If you appear in court to argue the point the officer would have to explain how your failure to signal effected the movement of another vehicle. The failure to signal or the mere presence of another vehicle is not sufficient. Essentially, the officer has to prove you did something unsafe.

22107. No person shall turn a vehicle from a
direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

Back