trying to clear up traffic tickets in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernscin

Over the past 6 years, I have managed to get 4 traffic tickets in the state of Texas, none of which did I pay. I have bench warrants in 4 different counties. I am trying to straighten my life up and become an unwanted person. I do not have the money to pay the fines in full. What are my options? Will they accept a payment plan once a warrant has been issued? One is for a seatbelt violation, two are speeding and one is driving under suspension.

Texas will work with you

My experience is they want your money not put you in jail. There does not seem to be a central clearing house so you have to contact each court that the ticket is asigned to and make arrangements for payments. My guess is they will give arrangements of paying off in 3 payments maybe up to six. If the four come to 1200 total you are probably looking at 400 per month to 200 per month depending on how many payments they allow you .

I am trying to help my daughter clear hers up and her record is much worse than yours. When we think we have them cleared up after paying and asking are there any other on record and receiving a "no there are no more"
she gets a notice for one from May of 2006 today. Although I have never found anything wrong with the record keeping make sure you keep receipts and records. The reference numbers can be ticket #; Docket #, case # so it can be hard to track at times.

Good Luck.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back