Truck was "fixed" but then almost caused me to crash.

Jsaltzman

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
We had our truck fixed in Long Island in November. We paid 1000 for it to be fixed. When we drove it back home to New Jersey, the same thing broke on it that broke before. We took it to a local mechanic in New Jersey. They fixed the truck and charged us 2528.45 for the same damn thing that was broke before. Plus they said more damage was done from the other mechanic not installing the part correctly. We barely drove the truck because we were trying to sell it. We just were asking for our money back when advertising. The other day my husband drove it to work and the damn truck almost killed him. The tire axle broke off. Now the mechanic doesn't want to help us. In fact, he was trying to tell us that it would be $700 to fix!!!!! It is the same problem as before. We are livid. We just want our money back for the repair before. What are our rights as a consumer?

If the repair was made back in November and you have been driving it incident free until now, you are likely out of luck. You are welcome to try and sue the mechanic in small claims court for your damages (cost of the repair).

I don't see any recourse either except "trying" to get the cost of repairs by suing mechanic in small claims court.

Back