truck sales and service for DOT federal use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rundave123

Just purchased a 2011 freightliner semi truck for DOT federal commercial purposes. At the time the truck was sold to me it was to be inspected and all items were to be at factory specs. I received the truck and started to use it for its purpose. What I have found is a truck that is not up to the definition at all. I have had the truck back into the shop not only before I picked it up but twice since the last time it was there for 13 days I picked it up on Friday am 10/3/2014 and picked up a load going south by Saturday 10/04/02014 I am again in a problem with the operation of this vehicle. It started in Tennessee AND I HAD TO pull into a Freightliner Dealer they could not help me till Monday so I stopped at another shop to see if it might be something that could be quickly repaired till I could get it back to Freightliner in Indianapolis, IN. They told me that this truck will need many thousands of dollars in repairs before it will be safe to use on the highway. And that with all that is wrong it should have been found by any competent repair shop, which I believe should include a factory dealership that was to guarantee that this truck was ready to perform as promised.
As it is now I will miss a delivery date a pick up of my next load not be able to make my payments on my equipment I have for my business, which will bankrupt me. Do I have a case that will aid me?

Just purchased a 2011 freightliner semi truck for DOT federal commercial purposes. At the time the truck was sold to me it was to be inspected and all items were to be at factory specs. I received the truck and started to use it for its purpose. What I have found is a truck that is not up to the definition at all. I have had the truck back into the shop not only before I picked it up but twice since the last time it was there for 13 days I picked it up on Friday am 10/3/2014 and picked up a load going south by Saturday 10/04/02014 I am again in a problem with the operation of this vehicle. It started in Tennessee AND I HAD TO pull into a Freightliner Dealer they could not help me till Monday so I stopped at another shop to see if it might be something that could be quickly repaired till I could get it back to Freightliner in Indianapolis, IN. They told me that this truck will need many thousands of dollars in repairs before it will be safe to use on the highway. And that with all that is wrong it should have been found by any competent repair shop, which I believe should include a factory dealership that was to guarantee that this truck was ready to perform as promised.
As it is now I will miss a delivery date a pick up of my next load not be able to make my payments on my equipment I have for my business, which will bankrupt me. Do I have a case that will aid me?

Sorry, unless you have some sort of warranty in writing, the buck drops on you.

You bought a used truck.

Most people that sell used stuff, are selling their problems to others.

That's why most used stuff comes without a warranty.

Read your sales documentation, if there is a specific warranty, it'll be found among those papers in WRITING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back