Truck company wont return items

99lives

Jurisdiction
Texas
We had a moving truck rented and they sent a tow trucker out to pick it up while some of our belongings were still inside. They now wont let us retrieve our items until we pay the rental cost plus the towing fee. They said they will hold the items 30 days to give us a chance to pay then they willbe donated. Is there anything we can do to get our belongings back?

We had a moving truck rented and they sent a tow trucker out to pick it up while some of our belongings were still inside. They now wont let us retrieve our items until we pay the rental cost plus the towing fee. They said they will hold the items 30 days to give us a chance to pay then they willbe donated. Is there anything we can do to get our belongings back?
Sure - pay the rental cost plus the towing fees.

Is there anything we can do to get our belongings back?

My, my, my, OP, you seem to have troubles that no one should ever face.

Eviction case with a few curveballs

If you think the company has no legitimate reason to withhold your belongings read YOUR rental contract (- or read a contract from a nationally known truck rental, storage facility rental, and moving arranger to see what you can learn about the legality of keeping your belongings):

How To Read A U-Haul Rental Contract | U-Haul Blog

U-Haul Truck Rental Questions | FAQs

Perhaps your answers can be found amongst these myriad of similar questions:

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-U-Haul-...-it-and-how-much-time-do-I-have-to-get-it-out

You might also contact your local law enforcement and ask if law enforcement can be of any assistance to you.
I wish you well, mate.

We had a moving truck rented and they sent a tow trucker out to pick it up

Why?

Is there anything we can do to get our belongings back?

I can't understand the point of asking this question since your post rather clearly indicates that you "can . . . get [your] belongings back" by "pay[ing] the rental cost plus the towing fee." What was the point of asking a question to which you already knew the answer?

Has the company explained why it believes you should be obligated to pay the towing fee?

Does your rental contract with the company say anything relevant about this?

Back