Tree responsibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancleg

I live in a Mobile Home park and understand that while Landlord/Tenant and Mobile Home Park Rules overlap, there are also differences between them.

That being said, my landlord uses some fairly generic Mobile Home lot lease form from the state and fills in the blanks. While it does not specify that he's responsible for trees/plants, it states that they cannot removed without his permission...as they are property of the park.

My questions are this...
Does that mean that tree inspection, health and maintainance are his responsibility?

I've got a sick tree that was here when I move in. If I ask the landlord to remove it before it takes out the neighbors' trailer, is he responsible for replacing it? It's the only tree on my lot and provides us with a lot of shade.

Thanks so much!

The tree is the responsibility of whoever owns the property. You can ask your landlord to take care of it, but they don't have to do anything. If the tree falls and causes damage then insurance will kick in.

The landlord owns the property. I just want to make this clear in my head sorry...I get confused....so, even though he has neglected to do any routine maint. on the tree, and it's the only one on my lot, he has no responsibility to replace it?

If it falls or he has it removed and my cooling costs go up as a result (assuming he refuses to replace it), could I pursue anything that way? My lot has the fewest trees of all the lots here. Unfortunately, this tree is getting worse and worse....I'm at a loss for what to do.

Thanks

Your landlord would be the one responsible for removing the tree (should he wish to do this) but he is not required to replace it nor to reimburse you for additional cooling costs should he choose to have it removed.

Gail

Thanks...not what I wanted to hear unfortunately :(. He has suddenly decided to restrict all future plantings of trees and shrubs, so we really don't want to lose our only shade. At least the rule was made after the lease came out, so he can't enforce it...unfortunately, we can't afford to buy a tree. The neighbors thankfully don't care if it hits their trailer, so I guess we'll just let it keep dying since he's going to ignore it. He's been out here enough times that he should have noticed SOMETHING was wrong with it (it's pretty obvious).

Thanks again, and thanks for helping me get it clear in my head :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back