1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Transitional Center (Halfway House)

Discussion in 'Probation, Parole, Incarceration' started by Tina Willis, Aug 7, 2019.

  1. Tina Willis

    Tina Willis Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    My fiancé has been incarcerated for a while 2011 - Now. He has a TPM date of November 2020, since being incarcerated he has never had any problems, has been walking the straight line since being in, kind of like a "model prisoner" I'd say. Now his old warden sent out mail to him stating that he is eligible to transfer to a TC/halfway house before his TPM date now that warden has since resigned. His new counselor doesn't follow up nor check in & is pretty much absent every day. He has tried to change counselors & nothing is happening. My question is what can be done on his part or his families part to help get him to a TC since he's been eligible to go since Jan 2019 but no paperwork has been filed?
  2. mightymoose

    mightymoose Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    First off, eligible to do something does not mean entitled, or that the something must happen. He has been in prison long enough that he should be accustomed to not getting what he wants.

    The wheels of the justice system turn slowly. You can try contacting someone here to see if there is anything you can do to try to help, but what you are describing is not any kind of abuse, emergency, or wrongdoing. Maybe something happens, maybe not, but you can try.

    Ombudsman and Inmate Affairs | The Georgia Department of Corrections

Share This Page